Thursday, October 13, 2011

Reviews Sucks; Live and die by the words of who?


Reviews can make or break a person in moments sliced inside a sentence of words. The old saying in entertainment is “You are only as good as your last performance”. A truer statement has never been said before in entertainment. So, the same goes for reviews. I've had my fair share of reviews.

I remember the day I decided not to care anymore about reviews. Or that I should have an emotional connection to them. I played a musical concert and I had two reviews I read from that same shows. One review said I couldn't play the guitar at all. The other review said I was the greatest guitarist they had ever seen.

A review, in my opinion, should not have opinions. They should be objective details of a situation so that an onlooker can get a non-bias understanding of that particular event.

What I get out of reviews is one thing... Nothing. I look at them and just wave them off. Though in the defense of a reviewer, I see a bad review and I know that makes people look on it in a negative way. So I continue working harder to bring a better performance than my last to every continued time I get on stage. I don't need a review to make me strive to be better than last, I need motivation in me!

Entertainers being pulled left and right from their audience will never be able to find a straight road to their personal voice. Your audience will find you, but you will never find your audience. Every change for every onlooker will continue to change others who've always enjoyed where you were in your ability.

Take the review with a grain of salt. Listen to it, read it if you would like, but when it comes to truth enjoy reviews that are expressing what that particular event was. And not so much what they have an opinion on!

www.MakeARightLeftHere.com
www.Facebook.com/MrThomasJBellezza
www.twitter.com/ThomasJBellezza
www.ByTheBloodOfTheRoseProductions.com
www.Facebook.com/BBRProductions
www.Twitter.com/BBRPro

No comments:

Post a Comment