Sunday, August 14, 2011

Make things happen, by making things happen!!!


I set out to act more this year, and in doing so, I've auditioned for 6 parts, I got three of them. A Shakespeare play "Romeo and Juliet" and two original plays from this horror production company called "Twitch Twitch Productions".

The "Romeo" play gave me an opportunity to network among wonderful actors, news people and the director. In doing so, I was asked to perform in "Much Ado About Nothing" without even auditioning. All in all, 6 auditions and 4 roles. That's 66%. Not bad.

What amazes me is what I've seen and done. I'm always using my 3 needs to success; Networking, Marketing, and Practice, but it shocks me when others don't and then get mad at the lack of chances they missed. They complain or attack others for their success.

During "Romeo and Juliet" a news person showed up. And one of the actors just kept complaining that they missed filming him on stage. And he was pissed. I told him and a few of the actors backstage "How to say it, when to say it and why to say it...". No one took my advice, or a chance, so I did. I got an interview that aired on TV, it was a close up of my face, and I promote this show, the venue we were at and future shows for the company I was acting for. It led to the director really liking what I did, but some actors were mad at me.

The next show, "Much Ado About Nothing", brought new faces to me, people I call friends now, and another opportunity that I saw people pass up. This time I just sprung into action so as "not to offend anyone with advice". It turned out the photographer was from another news company. We talked, exchanged cards, and went on our way. I was the only one who thought to go up to this person.

Make things happen by making things happen... I made some goals to act more this year, and I did. I made goals to do comedy more, and I am... I made goals to record my second Album of music and I am. I made goals to push my company BBR Productions to the next level and I did. Don't complain, find solutions to make your life happen. And if you don't understand something or what's going on, then ask questions!

Peace in harmony....

No comments:

Post a Comment