Monday, September 15, 2014

Making waves



• Making waves

The world is simple; Put in an effort and you will get results. It works. I am living proof. I dropped out of high school and became a self made man. Spent ten years making waves in music. That lead me to Canada, other States in America playing my heart out. It also lead me to my breaking point. Wanting to leave music forever. I think about music, but I don't think about playing out. I remember this one time, I had not touched a stage with a band for about 5 years. I practiced and got ready to have a ball. Even got to play on stage with a drummer I've wanted to perform with since I first met him. When I got off stage 2 guitar players said “You ruined those solos. You really destroyed those songs”.

They were making waves, playing me with silly jokes. The band liked what I did, we had fun, and until that moment I thought I could do it again. I hung my head and remembered how much I hated performers at that level of the music business. 10+ years in and they were still beginners. If you have a day job, you are still a hobbyist. Even more so, if you are not paying your bills in the field you love doing for a hobby, then you are still a beginner. Why can't people just have fun and keep from tearing others down? If they are happy, and everything is going well, then stop being the quintessential hater stereotype.

It is your job to Love that you are playing, love that you are there. That is the point to performing. You want to be the best then practice, but you want to work in this business without having a day job? Be nice to everyone, because you never know who someone is or knows. I recently worked with Martin Scorsese on a TV pilot. Yeah, I was background, yeah I didn't have lines. But in my life time, I've played in front of thousands of people on a huge arena stage, had a chance to act and make Martin Scorsese laugh, and even get to hang with some of my favorite professional Comedians. I suppose when people make waves it depends where you are in the ocean for it to matter in a positive or negative way.

Then I began to think about the truth. I am making my own life happen. Good or bad, I am doing things that make me okay with dying. I have no regrets. I wrote a book, I performed, I had my own theater and brought that to life as a childhood dream come true, played music, got to be Hamlet in Hamlet, and everything under the sun that I wanted to do in my life I accomplished. If for one time, or continuously. Not many people can say that. So yeah, those two guitar players made waves in the kiddy pool while I'm swimming in the ocean of life. I took a dump in the kiddy pool a long time ago. Become what you want in this life. Take chances. If anyone deserves it, it is you. We all deserve to do the things that make us happy.

Just don't hurt people physically, or kill them and you should be good! Make your own waves to show the world you are ready to get wet!

Make A Right Left Here (My official page website)
BBR Productions Inc. (Direct company link)
Top Of The Bottom Pile (Comedy Tour I Am On)

No comments:

Post a Comment