Sunday, September 28, 2014

What is happening


• What is happening

How does a person succeed in this business? What busy you ask? The entertainment business. That's why you are reading the “Traveling Adventures of a Resilient Entertainer” – By the way, thank you for reading! I am going to give a basic outline of what a person needs to do so they can bring their dreams to reality. Then, I am going to show you what people are doing. Because, honestly, how many people can you count on your hand that are in the business you want to make a living at that are also successful? Even on a local aspect, some of them should be doing something by now. A business, if not successful and earning income by their 3rd year, must close. Yet, entertainers are doing 10 – 20 years still putting the time into their day job to make a buck.

1) Foundation; save 18 months worth of capital so you can give yourself an opportunity to say “YES” to your life.

2) Network, Market, and Practice; Build those relationships up so you can say “It's who you know”, grow your Brand through Marketing and have people “Know who you are”, then Practice your Skill and the business you are in.

3) Have a Social HUB attached to a well designed Website; Learn to speak with people not to them, sell on your website what you want people to have and express yourself through your Social HUB.

4) Selflessness; Remember success has nothing to do with you, it is always about other people.

5) Be proactive; get things done and DO. You want something, go after it.

These are the simple versions of what needs to be done. You can take it and grow with it. These little things create big opportunity for you. They did for me and changed my world. I began listening to people instead of relying on my talents and my lack of knowledge in how the system of entertainment worked. One other major change was, I started being around the world I was interested in. I didn't just go when I thought it suited me. I was there because it was there and I wanted to be around it, all of it. Everything, the music, the comedy, acting. I wanted to see how it all worked, and how I could help others by giving my time to them without asking for anything in return. I still live by this philosophy. Life is short, so why live your life away for other people's dreams when you should be living your own!?

A few things people, who are stuck on the road to being Jaded, do; since they “Should be discovered because they are amazing, awesome and unique!”

• Practice far too much; The idea that if you become good enough, all things will fall into place.
• I need a product; Writing Jokes, Recording Musical CD's, Film a TV Pilot / Movie, Have a book, etc. YOU are the product.
• They are in this alone; Look to your left and right. Everyone is in it, now work together.
• I am better than them; So what. It is not how amazing you are over others but how much people like you. Be nice!
• Show, Show, Show!; A show defines nothing of your brand. It is a place for fans to come see you, not grow them.
• Must have the best, be the best, perform the best; HAVE FUN, enjoy the ride. You are an entertainer.
• I am too old; So were Rodney Dangerfield, Harrison Ford, Jane Lynch, Samuel L. Jackson, Melissa McCarthy...

You are never too old to live!

Make A Right Left Here (My official page website)
BBR Productions Inc. (Direct company link)
Top Of The Bottom Pile (Comedy Tour I Am On)



No comments:

Post a Comment