Sunday, November 25, 2012

Drunk on power


Drunk on power

I made a vow when I was younger to stay clean of drugs, cigarettes, and drinking. I was younger than 10 years old, which made it all the more powerful to my soul. I saw people drunk all the time. Cigarettes smell is disgusting, unattractive, and just never made sense to me. By the time I was 15 I had already seen what drugs can do to people. Are all drugs bad? To be honest, I have to care if other people do any of the aforementioned vices, I vowed to be clean for myself. We made choices for ourselves, not for others. Even people trying to get help for their addictions must make the choice for their hearts before taking the road to recovery.

When I got into entertainment it was always my dream to open a venue where people could come and see quality shows. I also wanted a place where people who were starting out could get that opportunity. I had no intention of selling liqueur, beer, or anything that required me to have a small chance of drunk people running around like headless chickens. Who wants to come to a theater when it is dangerous to walk outside because come random person is scream and falling over themselves? It devalues the place. So, people can come here buy drinks in the shape of soda, water, coffees, hot coco, and so on. Snakes too, they are yummy.

My point is this; I was told I was being selfish because there are people out there who do like to drink. I should be thinking of their needs and not mine. That, “If I am not interested in making a lot of money, then what is the point”. I make money on my company BBR Productions Inc., We are a marketing company. The theater is just a pleasant extra gift. I am far from being selfish. In fact, how the story goes I use to work as a cashier at a supermarket. The cashier next to me sold beer to a guy who ended up crashing into a car filled with a full family. They all died, except the drunk.

The catalyst for that accident was my next door cashier. I would never want to be the cause of another human(s) life to be taken. Am I selfish? Sure, because “I” would like people to live. “I” would like people to come to my place and have fun. It's not a place to get drunk because a show has no quality. People dying is not my business. I am fearful that people are not responsible when it comes to drinking. They might be, but I don't know, and thus I can't take a chance. I wouldn't want that on my employees, my company name, or my soul. If people want to drink, have fun somewhere else.

The Rose Theater is for individuals looking for a fun, safe, and pleasant show.

www.MakeARightLeftHere.com
www.BBRProductions.com
www.Altayon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment