Wednesday, September 14, 2011

All you need is to believe


Faith in something greater can always bring us to religion. That's not true here with what I am talking about. I am talking about faith in a person's ability to push forward. Not everything we do ends up working out. If we try, we try, and that's a success. I know many people who want things, or who wish they could accomplish certain desires in life and yet nothing comes from them. Everyday another moment passes them by, for what? If you try and fail, you have already found your path to success.

Thomas Edison once said “I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb.". He took what was failure only to turn it into success. If he did not try once, he would have never made it to where he is today... Dead... I mean, the creator of the light bulb. We may not use his design as much anymore, but I am sure that's not the point I am getting at. One thing you can learn from this is that persistence is a great tool in succeeding in entertainment.

I wanted to perform stand-up comedy. I called every number I could find until someone let me on stage as green as I was in the business of comedy. If I had gave up after my first call, I might not have gotten to where I am today. The truth is, I didn't think about today. I thought of that moment in the now. I wanted to get on stage, that's all I cared about. Just to tell any joke I could think of. I succeeded in trying, and then doing. I believed in myself enough to keep pushing forward without fail. I may have tripped, but I got right back up.

www.MakeARightLeftHere.com
www.Facebook.com/MrThomasJBellezza
www.twitter.com/ThomasJBellezza
www.ByTheBloodOfTheRoseProductions.com
www.Facebook.com/BBRProductions
www.Twitter.com/BBRPro

No comments:

Post a Comment